Lay Ministry Licensure
Rectors and Priests-in-Charge provide training for Eucharistic Ministers. After completing this training, priests complete the Licensed Ministries Request Form and return it to EDUSC, Attn: Katelyn Kenney, 1115 Marion Street, Columbia, SC 29201. As part of EDUSC's continuing efforts to conserve paper, the completed forms can also be scanned and emailed to Katelyn Kenney for processing.
Training for Worship Leaders and Eucharistic Visitors are offered through Diocesan trainers. To obtain a list of trainers and to schedule a training session, contact Katelyn Kenney at [email protected] or 803-771-7800 ext. 105 and see the step by step planning guide below.
To be trained as a Pastoral Care giver, please participate in Community of Hope.
Licenses must be renewed every 5 years.
To schedule a training session for Lay Ministers:
- Clergy who have lay ministers that need training and who wish to sponsor a training session should contact Katelyn Kenney via email or phone at 803-771-7800 ext. 105 for information on scheduling a training session.
- The sponsoring clergy should then email the information to Katelyn Kenney so she can put it in the Diocesan Calendar. To have your training class(es) put in the EDUSC Newsletter or Clergy Newsletter, please click +HERE and enter the requested information to be included in the Newsletter(s).
- The sponsoring congregation will be responsible for copying the training materials, arranging for any refreshments, and paying the trainers' fees (currently $200 per class).
- The sponsoring congregation can determine how much to charge for the class (normal fee is $10-$15 per class).
- Candidates for licenses from any congregation can attend any training session at their convenience. Individuals seeking licenses do need to function in their congregation under the supervision of a rector or priest-in-charge.
Please be aware that Safe Church certification is required of all persons dealing with children or adults, including Eucharistic Visitors.
Please see the Licensed Ministries Request Form