Diocesan Convention is the legislative body of the diocese. Elected lay representatives from each congregation, all canonically resident clergy, and selected youth from around the diocese attend as delegates to the Convention.
During Convention each year, various diocesan officers are elected, and other key diocesan leadership positions are either elected or appointed. The Convention adopts the annual Statement of Mission and considers other matters related to the mission and operation of the diocese.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Call to Convention
In accordance with Title I: Canon 3.1a of the Canons of the Diocese, notice is hereby given:
- The 97th Annual Convention of the Diocese will take place on November 8-9, 2019 at Christ Church, Greenville, South Carolina, hosted by the congregation.
Resources from the 2018 Diocesan Convention
- 96th Diocesan Convention Journal
- 2019 Statement of Mission as Approved by Convention
- Canons Amended by Convention in 2018
Results of Diocesan Elections
Diocesan Executive Council
- The Rev. Jay Biedenharn (Christ Church, Greenville)
- Ms. Mary Ellen Haile (Trinity Cathedral, Columbia)
- Ms. Rebecca Ann Kenner (All Saintsā…
The Diocesan Journal is a valuable resource for clergy and delegates to Diocesan Convention. It comprises reports from our diocesan institutions, committees, commissions, program groups, and mission congregations and provides the most comprehensive summary available of the ministries, accomplishments, and goals of groups and organizations that make up our diocese.Read More »