The purpose of the Christian Formation office in the Episcopal Diocese of Upper South Carolina is to serve as a resource to congregations in Making, Equipping and Sending Mature Disciples into the world to Serve Christ not only with our lips, but in our lives. The Canon for Christian Formation serves as a resource for Children’s Ministers, Youth Ministers, College Campus Peer Ministers, and Adult Formation Leaders. Services provided through the office include:
- SAFE Church training certification.
- Presentations in local congregations.
- Consultation with Christian Formation committees or councils.
- Developing with the Bishop, Diocesan staff, Gravatt, and Christian Formation leaders a commitment to life-long learning, leadership development and vocational discernment.
- Building relationships and collaborative leadership among formation leaders.
- Supporting the ongoing development of Christian formation within congregations.
- Facilitating opportunities for formative learning and vocational discernment among youth and young adults.
- Providing leadership, support, and resources for Christian Formation programs.
- Overseeing diocesan training programs.
- Communicating Christian Formation news and events.
Along with these responsibilities, the Christian Formation office provides leadership and support for such groups as the Diocesan Youth Leadership Committee (DYLC), Canterbury, Cursillo, Happening, Vocare, Daughters of the King (DOK) and Education For Ministry (EfM).
For more information, contact Jimmy Hartley at 803-771-7800 ext. 104 or by email.
The Commission on Christian Formation includes oversight of the Diocesan Youth Leadership, Cursillo, Daughters of the King, Youth Ministries, Young Adults Ministries, Canterbury Communities, Happen...
Please visit these pages to find resource suggestions and formation tools for all age groups.
Disclaimer: Resources listed on these pages are sent to us by the publishers or groups producing them and do not necessarily represent the views of the diocese. They are not vetted by a committee of any sort but generally come from trusted vendors.
If you have a resource you would like…Read More »
The diocese offers several formation opportunities for children. Here you will find useful information, including registration procedures, registration forms, event opportunities and flyers to help spread the word.
The Diocese of Upper South Carolina seeks "To Know, Grow, and Sow the Love of Christ" among youth through events offered for young people in grades 5-12. Diocesan events are held in various locations and are open to all youth and their friends. Each of these events, while focused on a specific age group and theme or program, is designed to deepen the spiritual development and the…Read More »
Canterbury: Episcopal Campus Ministry
The Diocese of Upper South Carolina offers campus ministries at Clemson University, Converse College, Furman University, Presbyterian College, University of South Carolina, USC-Spartanburg, Winthrop and Wofford College. For more information about any of these ministries, please contact Jimmy Hartley at 803-771-7800 ext. 104 or [email protected]…Read More »