Commission on Christian Formation
The Commission on Christian Formation includes oversight of the Diocesan Youth Leadership, Cursillo, Daughters of the King, Youth Ministries, Young Adults Ministries, Canterbury Communities, Happening, Vocare, Education for Ministry and all other Christian formation ministries. It is also the group concerned with the policy for Safe Church.
• That each and every congregation of the Episcopal Diocese of Upper South Carolina, to the greatest extent possible, is effective at making, equipping and sending mature disciples through Christian Formation.
• That congregations and institutions form biblically literate communicants who are equipped and sent out into the world to serve Christ not only with their lips but in their lives.
• That there is a bridge of formation that extends over a person’s lifetime in this Diocese.
• That the Commission on Christian Formation assists the Bishop in consultation with the Commission on Ministry in establishing the requirements and guidelines for the selection, training, continuing education and deployment of those licensed by the Bishop per Title III, Canon 4, Section 1a of the Canons of The Episcopal Church.
• The Commission shall engage in an overall formation initiative involving aspects of communication, catechesis, spiritual discernment, as well as opportunities for transformational experiences.
• The Commission shall serve as the resource for evaluating and developing Christian Formation programs.
• The Commission shall seek representation of formation ministers that represent all ages as well as a balanced lay and clergy representation.