Please visit these pages to find resource suggestions and formation tools for all age groups.
If you have a resource you would like us to include, contact Katelyn Kenney.
- VTS Lifelong Learning
- Vibrant Church Communications: Beautiful seasonal resources available for free or for purchase, including Lenten Micropractices, a guided journey through small actions that connect us to God.
- A Christian Life of Faith: Signs and Thresholds along The Way: This booklet is for individuals seeking to deepen their understanding of themselves and God as well as those responsible for passing on the teachings of the Church.
- Christian Education Planning Calendar template (2020-2021)
- Forma, the network for Christian formation professionals
- Building Faith: Published by Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary, with a mission to equip and inspire churches and individuals for the ministry of Christian education and faith formation
- [email protected]: Developed by Forward Movement and Forma, [email protected] offers resources to help build at weekly discipleship practice of Reading, Reflecting, and Responding to scripture in the context of community is so important.
- Grow Christians: An online community of discipleship focused on the practical details of life at home. Gathering reflections, stories, images, and recipes from diverse Episcopalians, this group blog inspires generations to come together as they celebrate the presence of God through the Christian year.
- Vibrant Faith helps Christian churches develop effective faith forming approaches that embody both historic practices of Christian formation and address changing cultural realities.
- StoryMakers NYC is dedicated to creating new ways to share God’s redemptive narrative found in the Bible. Our hope is to equip families and churches to be able to share the Gospel with kids in a way that is meaningful, healthy, and ultimately draws children into God’s story.
- Preparing for Sunday is an easy and affordable way to post weekly NRSV lectionary readings on your own church website.
- Faith Formation Learning Exchange: Organized by different ages and groupings, offers current research, effective practices, and models in faith formation
- Church Publishing: Offers a number of print resources for purchase
- Forward Movement: Offers numerous formation resources and curricula
- Episcopal Church Foundation
- Episcopal Church Foundation's Spanish-language resources
- Lesson Plans that Work: Each week, you will find a lesson plan for young children, a lesson plan for older children, and usually a lesson plan for adults. Inter-generational lesson plans are available for many major feast days throughout the liturgical year. Most lesson plans are based on the Gospel, and some also have an Old Testament Lesson Plan.
- Traveling the Way of Love: This resource comes straight from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry. While meant for group discussion, this one can be studied individually or used as journal prompts.
Jesus Storybook Bible Advent Guide
Zonderkidz and author Sally Lloyd-Jones are making this Advent toolkit and printables available to you for FREE through FaithGateway! Each day for 24 days you can make an ornament that corresponds with one of the stories in the Bible, then read the companion story in The Jesus Storybook Bible. It's super easy and fun for the entire family!
Holy …Read More »
Lent begins with Ash Wednesday (February 17, 2021), forty-plus days before Easter Sunday (April 4th, 2021). During Lent we recommit to Christian practices such as prayer, almsgiving, fasting, and reconciliation to prepare to enter the mystery of Easter. Through these practices, we deepen our commitment to the Christian life and prepare to renew their baptismal promises.
During L…Read More »
- Easter resources from Building Faith
- Easter resources from Spark Family Sunday School
- Easter resources from Illustrated Children's Ministries: