Please visit these pages to find resource suggestions and formation tools for all age groups.
If you have a resource you would like us to include, contact Katelyn Kenney.
- A Christian Life of Faith: Signs and Thresholds along The Way: This booklet is for individuals seeking to deepen their understanding of themselves and God as well as those responsible for passing on the teachings of the Church.
- Building Faith: Published by Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary, with a mission to equip and inspire churches and individuals for the ministry of Christian education and faith formation
- Church Publishing: Offers a number of print resources for purchase
- Episcopal Church Foundation
- Episcopal Church Foundation's Spanish-language resources
- [email protected]: Developed by Forward Movement and Forma, [email protected] offers resources to help build at weekly discipleship practice of Reading, Reflecting, and Responding to scripture in the context of community is so important.
- Faith Formation Learning Exchange: Organized by different ages and groupings, offers current research, effective practices, and models in faith formation
- Forma, the network for Christian formation professionals
- Forward Movement: Offers numerous formation resources and curricula
- Grow Christians: An online community of discipleship focused on the practical details of life at home. Gathering reflections, stories, images, and recipes from diverse Episcopalians, this group blog inspires generations to come together as they celebrate the presence of God through the Christian year.
- Lesson Plans that Work: Each week, you will find a lesson plan for young children, a lesson plan for older children, and usually a lesson plan for adults. Inter-generational lesson plans are available for many major feast days throughout the liturgical year. Most lesson plans are based on the Gospel, and some also have an Old Testament Lesson Plan.
- Ministry Architects: Ministry Architects is a team of almost 90 pastors, teachers, executives, youth workers, children’s pastors, writers, and professors seeking to help ministries find clear direction and sustained momentum backed up by properly aligned resources.
- Preparing for Sunday is an easy and affordable way to post weekly NRSV lectionary readings on your own church website.
- Traveling the Way of Love: This resource comes straight from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry. While meant for group discussion, this one can be studied individually or used as journal prompts.
- United Thank Offering: The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. In addition to grant opportunities, UTO also provides formation resources for children and adults.
- VTS Lifelong Learning: Lifelong Learning provides continuous opportunities for theological education in the service of faithful leadership. Lifelong Learning at VTS is a multi-faceted program grounded in theology and research-based practices to provide transformational learning for courageous leadership in a changing church.
- Vibrant Church Communications: Beautiful seasonal resources available for free or for purchase.
- Vibrant Faith helps Christian churches develop effective faith forming approaches that embody both historic practices of Christian formation and address changing cultural realities.
Living Well Through Advent
A free, downloadable devotional from Living Compass. It's also available in Spanish, in print, and has marketing and images for social media available to download.
Make Something Beautiful (SALT)
A customizable short film that can be tailor made with your church name and worship times, making it easy to extend the invitation to your community. See al…Read More »