Diocesan Youth Leadership Committee
The Diocesan Youth Leadership Committee (DYLC) is made up of young people (high school students) and adults (22-years-old and older) from throughout the diocese. This group serves as the core leadership for implementing policy, developing procedures, and designing overall structure for diocesan youth ministry for the coming program year. Members are appointed to serve for one-year terms and may reapply.
This is a serious responsibility, and although DYLC enjoys fellowship and community together, it is primarily a working group. Members of the group will be asked to contribute their gifts and skills, learn about leadership, and be role models at all youth events they design and attend as participants. Those who wish to serve on the committee are required to attend the following:
- Orientation – TBD
- Biannual DYLC meetings – September 2020 & January 2021 (dates TDB)
- SAFE Church certification (adults only - if not certified in the last 5 years)
- First Aid certification (adults only)
- Diocesan Convention – November 6-7, 2020, Heathwood Hall, Columbia
- One design team commitment which includes the weekend of the event and planning meetings preceding the event.
In addition, members are expected to stay connected with the group through GroupMe and other project management apps (such as Zoom and Trello), participate regularly in their congregation’s youth ministry and worship services, maintain a rhythm of scripture reading and prayer, and uphold and abide by the Youth Community Covenant of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina.