Adult Volunteer Guidelines
Adult volunteers play a critical role in formation ministries by showing young people of our diocese that there are older people in their communities who care about their well-being and spiritual development. At the same time, adults who volunteer with young persons get the opportunity to learn from younger generations and be inspired by their stories. Our children and youth programs can grow only as much as our pool of adult volunteers allows, so please consider joining our contact list of volunteers. If you have any questions, contact Katelyn Kenney.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- be at least 22 years of age to chaperone high school events, and at least 18 years of age for middle school
- participate fully in the event as is appropriate for your role
- observe participants to ensure they are abiding by the Community Covenant, and report any inappropriate behavior to the adult-in-charge
- adhere to all Safe Church policies as set forth by the Diocese
- keep an open mind and positive attitude throughout the event
The following is language added to the EDUSC Safeguarding manual on September 10, 2022.
- 5 years & younger — 1 adult for each 5 overnight-participants and 1 adult for each 6 day-participants
- 6–8 years — 1:6 for overnight, and 1:8 for day
- 9–14 years — 1:8 for overnight and 1:10 for day
- 15–18 years — 1:10 for overnight and 1:12 for day
- 9–14 years — 1:5
- 15–18 years — 1:7
Formation Volunteer Interest Form
Thank you for your submission! The Missioner for Christian Formation will be in touch at their earliest convenience.