A Message from the Nominating Committee
Grace to you and peace from the members of the Bishop’s Nominating Committee for the Ninth Bishop of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina.
We represent the diversity of our diocese and are working hard to gather the information needed to develop a Diocesan Profile to assist in the search for our next bishop. Our current reality requires that we gather information in different ways than we would were we not in the middle of a pandemic. Therefore, we are sending out a survey for ALL people of the diocese to complete either online or on paper. The survey is posted on the Bishop Search Webpage in both English and Spanish and a link to the survey will be distributed throughout the diocese beginning on October 17, 2020. Please take the survey online if possible and request a paper copy through your parish office if needed. The deadline for returning the survey is October 31, 2020. We will use your answers to develop the Diocesan Profile.
We ask that everyone in our diocese answer this survey. It will be how we better listen to the needs of our entire diocese. We want to thank you all for the ministry you do every day in your parish and in our diocese. The survey results will allow us to present a slate of candidates that most closely represents the collective vision of ALL in our diocese as to what the Holy Spirit is calling us to become in the ministry we will have together with our Ninth Bishop.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the survey. Our email address is [email protected].
Yours in Christ,
|Ms. Melissa Langford, Co-Chair||The Rev. Grant B Wiseman, Co-Chair|
|The Rev. Scotty Brock||Ms. Susan Pretulak|
|Mr. John Cantey||The Rev. Patricia Sexton|
|Ms. Shawn Dunham||Mr. West Summers|
|The Rev. Charles Jenkins||Ms. Corliss Wise|
|The Rev. Mia McDowell||The Rev. Raphiell Ashford, Alternate|
|Mr. Larry Moore||Ms. Lillian Hardaway, Alternate|
Bishop Search: EDUSC Profile Survey Details
Who should take the survey?
- All laypeople and clergy in the diocese are encouraged to participate in the survey. The survey is available online or on paper in both English and Spanish. Your thoughts will be used to help guide the Nominating Committee as we write our Diocesan Profile, a detailed description of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina to help those discerning a call to be our next bishop learn more about our diocese and its people.
Know someone who needs a paper copy of the survey in English or Spanish?
- Contact your parish office or the Nominating Committee at [email protected]
How long is the survey?
- Just long enough to give the Nominating Committee the information needed. Plan on 15-20 minutes as a minimum.
- If you'd like to take your time, you have the option to save and come back to the survey in order to prayerfully consider the questions.
Do I have to answer all of the questions?
- Yes. Use bullet points or paragraphs or whatever helps you share your thoughts. Mark the question 'N/A' if you do not wish to answer. The more questions you answer fully, the more helpful the survey will be in compiling an accurate profile of the diocese.
- All answers are anonymous.
When does the survey close?
- October 31, 2020 (online and mailed paper copies)
- Paper copies should be mailed to Episcopal Transition, 134 Port Royal Road, Anderson, SC 29621.
- Paper copies must be postmarked by October 31, 2020.
Questions? Contact the Nominating Committee by email at [email protected]
Tags: Bishop Search