A Message from the Nominating Committee
UPDATE: THE BISHOP PROFILE SURVEY HAS CLOSED
Grace to you and peace from the members of the Bishop’s Nominating Committee for the Ninth Bishop of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina.
Since being appointed by the Standing Committee following Bishop Waldo’s resignation, the Nominating Committee has been meeting regularly. Our work has included the development and distribution of a survey, which opened on October 17th, and sought your input about what our diocese is called to be in the future and the Bishop who will help guide us there. To include as many voices as possible, including clergy and those under 40 years of age who were underrepresented in responses, the survey remained open for 9 days beyond the initial deadline of October 31st. Additionally, we hoped that extending the deadline through the Sunday following Diocesan Convention would allow clergy a last opportunity to encourage participation by their congregations. When the survey closed on November 9th, over 1,100 responses had been submitted. Thank you for your participation! The results of the survey will be shared with you as well as with those discerning a call to be our next Bishop. Along with the Diocesan Profile, the results of the survey will be published in December per the Bishop Search Timeline.
Between now and December we will be hard at work compiling the Diocesan Profile to include the priorities you provided us with in your survey responses. Please continue to pray for the Nominating Committee and the search for the Ninth Bishop of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina.
If you have any questions about the search process, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Yours in Christ,
|Ms. Melissa Langford, Co-Chair||The Rev. Grant B Wiseman, Co-Chair|
|The Rev. Scotty Brock||Ms. Susan Pretulak|
|Mr. John Cantey||The Rev. Patricia Sexton|
|Ms. Shawn Dunham||Mr. West Summers|
|The Rev. Charles Jenkins||Ms. Corliss Wise|
|The Rev. Mia McDowell||The Rev. Raphiell Ashford, Alternate|
|Mr. Larry Moore||Ms. Lillian Hardaway, Alternate|
Bishop Search: EDUSC Profile Survey Details
Who should take the survey?
- All laypeople and clergy in the diocese are encouraged to participate in the survey. The survey is available online or on paper in both English and Spanish. Your thoughts will be used to help guide the Nominating Committee as we write our Diocesan Profile, a detailed description of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina to help those discerning a call to be our next bishop learn more about our diocese and its people.
Know someone who needs a paper copy of the survey in English or Spanish?
- Contact your parish office or the Nominating Committee at [email protected]
How long is the survey?
- Just long enough to give the Nominating Committee the information needed. Plan on 15-20 minutes as a minimum.
- If you'd like to take your time, you have the option to save and come back to the survey in order to prayerfully consider the questions.
Do I have to answer all of the questions?
- Yes. Use bullet points or paragraphs or whatever helps you share your thoughts. Mark the question 'N/A' if you do not wish to answer. The more questions you answer fully, the more helpful the survey will be in compiling an accurate profile of the diocese.
- All answers are anonymous.
When does the survey close?
- October 31, 2020 (online and mailed paper copies)
- Paper copies should be mailed to Episcopal Transition, 134 Port Royal Road, Anderson, SC 29621.
- Paper copies must be postmarked by October 31, 2020.
Questions? Contact the Nominating Committee by email at [email protected]
Tags: Bishop Search