Cursillo Leader Training
Thursday, June 13th, 2019, 9:30 AM
Cursillo Leaders Workshop!
Saturday, July 13, 2019
St. Francis of Assisi, Chapin
9:30am - 2:00pm
735 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin, 29036
Consider the following questions:
- Do you want to see EDUSC’s Cursillo ministry grow?
- Are you interested in having a more active Fourth Day?
- Do you want to learn about how other dioceses promote and grow the Cursillo ministry?
- Would you like to serve on a weekend staff – as a table leader, cha, music or lay rector?
- Are you a member of the Clergy wanting to know more about Cursillo?
- Do you want to discuss challenges and issues surrounding the Cursillo ministry?
If you’re interested in these questions, join us for the training on July 13th! We’ll have fun and improve Cursillo’s ministry in our diocese. The fee is $10 per person until June 15, and $20 after June 15, covering materials and lunch.
9:30: Arrival, Morning Prayer or Meditation with the Rev. Mike Flanagan and the Rev. Gordon Hamilton
10:00 - 10:30: Overview and Structure of EDUSC and National Cursillo
- Why do we have Bylaws, Guidelines, and the Council?Janet Jendron, Tom France
- How do we fit into the Diocesan Ministries? (includes financial responsibility) Emery Clark, David Danforth
- What’s the role of ECM and latest news? Fred Klinck, Rob Richardson
- Staff selection, weekend dedication, assigning roles, team building: Paula Greenway, Janet Jendron
- Staff handbooks: Katherine Foo, Emery Clark
- Musicians, Music on the weekend and at Closing: Keren Pickard, Mike Flanagan+
- Role of SDs: Mike Flanagan+, Scotty Brock+
- Communicating with the Diocese, Gravatt, Council, Staff, Cursillo community: Keren Pickard, Katherine Foo
- EDUSC and National Resources: Rob Richardson, Janet Jendron, Fred Klinck
10:30 - 11:00: The Authentic Weekend/Flow of Weekend
- What’s basic, what’s not? Scotty Brock+, Mike Flanagan+, Tom France
- Why do we keep trying to stick to the basics? Fred Klinck, Mike Flanagan+
11:00 - 12:00: Weekend Team Formation and Communication
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00 - 2:00: Building the Fourth Day - Group Discussion
- Ultreyas, Group Reunions, Spiritual Direction. What’s working, what’s practical, are there new ways to do things? Bill Matthews, Gordon Hamilton+
- How can we bring everyone together through communications? Paula Greenway, Janet Jendron, Bill Matthews